Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Endless ward jobs

at Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Things have been quite good on the ward until yesterday.

I really felt that everyone wants a piece of me. Drug charts, IV cannulas, referral letters, calls from GPs, calls to GPs, calls to patient family, calls from patient family, chase results, review patients with new complaints, deteriorating patients,admissions, last but not least, talking to an agitated patient with hx of IV drug use that we are not giving him any endone at 6pm whilst I was supposed to be finished at 4.30pm.

It's nearly impossible to get out of the ward, things come up 1 after another or at the same time. I understand that if the nurses dont catch me, they will have to page the cover doctor in ED and if ED is busy, no one will respond to them quickly. The nurse in charge was very nice though. She said if I have any problem claiming overtime, she will speak for me.

How I wish I have "3 heads 6 arms"...but I am lucky that I do have a really helpful registrar who shares some of my workload.

Without me realising, it's already Wednesday! Weekend is coming :D Hang in there!!!

0 把轻声细语:

 

心的转角 Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei